Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bordeaux

 At the request of my dear brother, A.J, here is another update

A few things I've learned in Bordeaux...

1) The word for chopsticks is "baguettes." When they told me this I couldn't stop laughing- it makes sense though :). And since I used to very much dislike any type of Asian cuisine I did not know how to use these baguettes, which meant everyone else finished eating 15 minutes before I could figure those things out. Oh yes, Mom, I did have sushi and it was delicious!

2) It is "normal" to see people passionately kissing at their table at a café.

3) I think I know why French women are skinny- I seem to be slightly hungry at all times!!!

4) Update of the nude people at the beach... I asked some young french girls that I have met and they said the family took me to a NUDE beach. Most beaches are not nude- topless at that! Sorry to disappoint some of you haha. Well, they are still easy to get to.

5) They go to buy baguettes, the bread :), at least once a day, sometimes twice.

Will add more later...

My French Family: Jocelyn, Mathieu, and Didier
Des Gateaux!
Bordeaux at night
Apparently this was a bike festival, but we just had a picnic there. I was a little confused! Comme d'habitude en France.
Ruins of a chateaux
French picnic
A bientôt!

3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, Hol.....especially the "Des Gateaux"!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    Good to hear from you. Wow, life is like a bowl of cherries (french) for you. I love your pictures and great descriptions of all the places you've been and experiences. This isn't like any job you've every had before thats for sure. You must be having a blast. I am jealous yet happy that your adapting so well. Keep up the good work and have fun!
    Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Halls, I think that you should become a professional photographer and travel agent. 12 hours per week, you should have 3 or 4 jobs like that, geeze! Your dad is still going to the gym and looking great. "You know me!" Mom is liking Clear Lake a bit more, finally. Love you Halls! Dad

    ReplyDelete